Smartphone Requirements: What I Look For
Samsung Galaxy S4 is has been released to the market this month. Never tried the actual device myself. But I was wondering, would it be better to get this or wait for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 instead? I was really planning on waiting for the latter once I get a job because I want a smartphone that is power pack in terms of battery life. If Note 2, with Li-ion 3100 mAh battery, has a very good battery life performance I’m pretty sure Note 3 would be at par or, if not, exceed its precedent. However, with the battery/charging problem of my current Samsung Galaxy Y (just 1.5 years with me, a short time for me) I don’t think it will survive for another month. So my next option is to decide between Note2 and S4, with Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery.
This new smartphone launched by Samsung promises a lot of new features making life more convenient. But then again, isn’t that always the case for new smartphones?
So, what should you look at when you choose a smartphone? For practicality purpose, let’s not look into what the new features this Mobile companies are offering. For me, the following are my basic requirements:
- Call and SMS feature of course
- Battery life since I love to play songs and videos especially when on the road
- Large RAM, ideally 2 GB
- Expandable memory of up to 32 GB as much as possible
- Big screen, for me touch screens are hard to operate with just one hand plus its hard to type in a small keyboard when you have chubby fingers as I realized with Galaxy Y. plus, its way better to watch videos in a bigger screen.
- Speaker’s quality, I might just need to use it in an event.
- FM and wifi of course
- Camera with flash because I already sold my DSLR
- Front camera just so i could have a video chat without opening the computer
- Other features
Of these 10, only the Top 5 requirements are what I really check into.
What’s your top requirements?